Video games are home to much more than just delightful characters to control and interesting locations to explore. No, most games just wouldn’t be complete if it weren’t for creative and useful items and weapons that make the game that much more fun. So now, a list of some of my favorite items. Those I can think of, that is. And I will admit that this list is a bit biased. By a lot.
- Double Hookshots, The Legend of Zelda, for grabbing items and getting to new locations, now with twice the awesome as one
- Hoverboots, Ratchet and Clank, for getting around in style
- Mr. Zurkon, Ratchet and Clank, because who doesn’t love a little robot that shoots your enemies and taunts them at the same time
- Groovitron, Ratchet and Clank, an item that makes enemies boogie (perhaps that’s what Captain Falcon meant when he said, “Show me your moves.”)
- Tanooki Suit, Super Mario Bros, because apparently raccoons can fly, and so can plumbers
- Phoenix Down, Final Fantasy, ‘nough said
- Extra lives, too. And those invincibility stars, while we’re at it. And anything that increases your health, of course.
- The hammer in Super Smash Bros.
- Lens of Truth, The Legend of Zelda, even if it sometimes shows you scary things you didn’t want to see
- Din’s Fire, The Legend of Zelda, for keeping ReDeads at bay
- Mirror Shield, The Legend of Zelda, for also keeping ReDeads at bay
An Itemized Duck